A well-known tabloid newspaper, in association with Penguin Random House, is running a £20k prize for debut crime novelists. To enter, the novel must be your first book, and you must not be previously published, including self-publishing in print or as an ebook. Authors from the UK and Ireland are eligible.
The terms and conditions are available on the newspaper’s website (which we can’t bring ourselves to link to, sorry), but in brief, they are as follows:
- Deadline for entries is 5 May 2017
- Entries must comprise of a 600 word synopsis and the first 5,000 words
- Entries must be sent by post to: Daily Mail First Novel Competition, c/o Penguin Random House Group, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA
- Entries cannot be sent by email
- You should include a cover sheet, with your contact details, including email address
- You must be in a position to deliver the final finished work by 30 November 2017
More details about the prize available from The Bookseller here.